Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Olympics Vs. American Idol

Well, I consider myself to be an olympic fan - but for some reason these winter olympic games just didn't do it for me. The other night I was sitting around with the fam and discussing why american idol could possibly do better in the rating than cheering for good old USA. Here are some major points:

1- Not enough back story. I for one, love to hear the sob stories of the athletes. Remember back to Dan Jansen? That poor guy just kept on falling - but in true olympic spirit- never gave up. I just didn't get any of that this year. Show me a little heart and soul and that the athletes actually WANT to be there

2- There was no team "unity". WTF, hint hint Shani Davis and Chad What's his name.

3- I love a good romance- how about showing us a little Real World:Olympic Village. Spice it up a little. MTV should have chosen the croatian bobsledding team to follow around and see how much american "booty" they could snag. Well, maybe not the croatian bobsledding team but, you get the idea (maybe a little shaun white/sasha cohen roomraiders?)


Just thought I would mention it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home